Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Sickness and in Health




They both thought that she would be the first one to spend any time in the hospital, and then just for something fun like a new baby. I thought that nobody in my little family would ever get cancer because we have no family history, and no riskiness. Since Thomas was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, it has been a very long three weeks, including a couple of surgeries, a chemotherapy treatment, an ER visit, and a hospital stay. But you can't argue with a 100 percent cure rate. We have all learned a lot about PET scans, neutropenia, and ABVD. Something I already knew was how wonderful Caley is, how brave Thomas is, and how much my children love each other. A lot of people this week thought that the presidential inauguration was the thing to watch, but I saw something even better when a prayer was answered in front of my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment