Sunday, January 18, 2009

Unfortunable

Today (since we have the late Church schedule, and I have time to think about things on Sunday mornings) I was thinking. When exactly did the word "unfortunable" come to be in our family vocabulary? I knew that Emily had written it in an email to Thomas when he was in Hungary, so I went searching through old emails. It was fun reading through a few of them again. I had used the search feature, but the only "unfortunable" emails that came up were ones using the word, but not the original.

I found it finally, Emily had originally spelled it "unfortanable." So here it is, the genesis of a word, and a sincerely sweet message from a 3rd grade girl to her big brother.

June 12, 2005
"And now, a few words from Emily:
Well mom pretty much covered everything. I'm in down-town dance studio! Today in primary I had a girl in my class named Emily too! Her sister Jessica was in my class too, and they have younger siblings a little brother and sister . They're all from Palm Springs, California where they're was an earth quake! How unfortanable! The Chinese torists said hi to me . I'm rrunning out of things to say ! I love you ! Do good over there! Well I have to go to bed now! Good night! Oh wait!! Good morning! See ya ! Bye! Love ya! Bu bye!"

Also in this email, we sent Adam's address in Rancho Cucamonga, (he had slept through the earthquake), Marisa just left for Girl's State, Aunt Lynne stopped by with a bus load of Chinese tourists on their way to Yellowstone, and Kerry and I were getting ready to leave for our 25th anniversary trip to Maui.


No comments:

Post a Comment