Saturday, March 7, 2009

I Am Legend



I don't think that I have ever spent the night alone in my house before, in my lifetime. There has always been somebody else here. The past 2 nights and 3 days, it's been eery, just me and Scout the skittish cat, and no other human life forms. I don't mind solitude, and it's not like I haven't had any contact (Emily has texted me 20 or 30 times.) But I think I'm ready for people to come home now. I'm starting to talk to Scout, more than usual. Which reminds me, I miss Buttercup. And people. And voices (that aren't in my head!)

4 comments:

  1. And that was when she became the crazy cat lady...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meow meow kitty, who's mommy's good girl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lvoe that you called your cat Scout, then labeled her/him as skittish. Funny. When I think of Scout, I think of Lewis or Clark and they were brave and went through dark nights with scary things all around. I also think of Demi Moore's daughter. Maybe she is skittish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scout was actually named for Demi and Bruce's daughters... she came pre-named by my nephew Derek. They brought her for a funny joke when they came for Thomas and Caley's wedding and we always meant to give her away, but it's kind of handy that she stayed.

    ReplyDelete