Wednesday, October 28, 2009

To Whom

Whom Shall I Serve

Whom shall I serve,
what inner strength have I to give?
To others is the way I live
An evidence that I care?

A pillar of light
Young Joseph in a grove of trees
Found out when he was on his knees
His Father in Heaven cares

And with God
Nothing is impossible
But you must reach and take his hand
With God
Nothing is impossible
Those who have ears to hear
Will understand

The blind could see
The lame man could walk away
And life will change from night to day
When they know that someone cares
When they know someone cares
When they know someone cares

2 comments:

  1. Did you write this? I really like it, especially the line about "you must reach and take his hand."

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Kathy, I didn't write this, it's a song by Gwen Cundick from a song book called "A Song of the Heart" with a lot of YW songs in it. My dad gave me the book in 1979, and I'm sure I sang it as a YW. The song just keeps coming around again and again - I played it for a Primary choir when I was a newlywed, then accompanied the Wolfley sisters on it for their brother's mission farewell. It was just sung again at the funeral of Shawn Sorensen, and I was reminded of it again. My previous post was about a song his mother wrote for me, so this song spoke to me again.

    ReplyDelete