Sunday, March 27, 2011

Organic Music



I played the organ in church today for the first time in six years or more, just filling in. Even though I practiced yesterday, I managed to get the settings all messed up, and the first two songs sounded like (a) a Catholic church (b) a haunted house or (c) I was really trying to change things up in the seventh ward. (these were all comments that were made to me by members of the congregation today.) But fortunately, there were four hymns today, and after pondering (and praying) really hard during the Croxford family's talks, it occurred to me what registration to use for the rest hymn and closing song. Whew. It's not as easy as it looks up there, so next time you are in church and you don't even notice the organist or what they are doing because they blend right in and sound so perfect, you should really thank them.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I'm interested to know who said those things to you.

    ReplyDelete