Monday, March 14, 2011

Puzzlement



This is a puzzle that Lynne painted and Ed cut out, way back when Veronica was a very little girl. A few pieces are missing, but isn't it so cute? My sister Lynne is a gifted artist, I love the little detailed animal paintings in each corner. I found it a few weeks ago in the basement when we were cleaning up for Emily to have a party, and hatched a plan to surprise Veronica by sending it to her for her birthday. But fortunately I couldn't find a box the right size to send it, and at the last minute I decided to save it for another time. I say fortunately because, the zip code that Kerry had saved in his ipod-phone for their address in KY was kind of mixed up...some numbers were right but not in the right order, so as a result I believe I sent her birthday gift to Wapiti, Wyoming. The puzzling thing is that it didn't occur to me that a zip code starting with an 8 would not be in Kentucky, and it didn't occur to the postal worker who took my small parcel either. (But in her defense, I guess since it was a flat rate parcel, she didn't have to look up the rate for various locations, so she just took it and that was that.)
One day maybe that little gift will get to Veronica, or maybe one day it will come back to us since the return address and zip was correct, but in the mean time, here is the gift that was given once, not given this year, and may show up at some point in the future.
If you're ever in Wapiti.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love that puzzle! I totally forgot about it and that Aunt Lynne made it. I got a lot of good use out of it. That would've been a fun birthday surprise but judging by the state of the envelope you sent, it's probably better this way! (Don't worry, everything inside was intact.)

    ReplyDelete