Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tunda

This is my friend, Tunda. She is the school secretary, and the first friendly face you will see when you visit Wapello Elementary. Besides being a wonderful person who always makes me feel good about myself, she is also very talented at the art of crochet. She makes the most darling crochet hats with interchangeable flowers. A short time ago, I mentioned to her that I was going to be crocheting a baby blanket for the first time in many years, for a service project

that Caley had told me about. Tunda asked me for the link to the project, and said she would like to make one too. And so, today, she brought her finished project, which is as beautiful as she is. I just love the ripple effect of this service project, something I am doing to help Caley, which Caley is doing to help her friend, which now my friend Tunda is doing too. Although the blanket is made for the baby who will be wrapped in it, and for the young couple who wish to honor the memory of their little boy through this project, it feels like it was done for me, too. It reminds me of Mosiah 2:17, "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

*This is Day 1 of the 30 Day Photo Challenge, which was also suggested to me by my daughter-in-law Caley!

2 comments:

  1. Well I guess we know who the favorite daughter-in-law is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's going to have to train the new daughters-in-law when Adam and Steven get married. Meanwhile, it's a perfect world with you as my number one daughter, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete